How can I request IP addresses?

You’re viewing an archived page. It is no longer being updated.

If you would like to request IP addresses, you have the following two options.

Option 1
You can contact a Local Internet Registry (LIR) offering services in your country for an assignment of IP address space.

Option 2:
You can decide to become a member of the RIPE NCC. Your company will then become an LIR, which enables you to request IP addresses from us directly.

The RIPE NCC has started to allocate IPv4 address space from the last /8 of IPv4 address space. This means that an LIR can now request only one final /22 allocation of IPv4 address space (1,024 IPv4 addresses) even if they can justify the need for a larger allocation, as stated in section 5.1 of "IPv4 Address Allocation and Assignment Policies for the RIPE NCC Service Region". To receive this /22, an LIR must already have an IPv6 allocation. No new IPv4 Provider Independent (PI) address space can be assigned.

For more information, please see: