Should I archive the details of each and every address space request? Why?
Yes. LIRs must maintain proper records about all registration activities. This is a requirement of the RIPE community policies and the terms and conditions of the RIPE NCC Standard Service Agreement, which every LIR signs. LIRs should archive all information collected when evaluating a request for an IP address space assignment.
The records must include:
- The original request
- All supporting documentation
- All related correspondence between the registry and the End User
- The assignment decision, including:
- Reasons behind any unusual decision
- The person/organisation responsible for making the decision.
In order to facilitate the exchange of information, it is strongly recommended that documents are kept electronically and that they are readily accessible. This information should be made available to the RIPE NCC in English, if requested.