RIPE Database Announcements
- New Wizard for Setting up Reverse DNS
The RIPE NCC now provides a wizard for setting up Reverse DNS. The wizard replaces the form for creating RIPE Database objects manually, so when creating a new DOMAIN object you will be taken to it automatically
- UPDATE 1 - Intermittent Access Issues with RIPE Database
Intermittent RIPE Database access issues on 3 August 2016.
- Issue Propagating Domain Object Modifications from RIPE Database to DNS Servers
From 21:15 (UTC) on 25 June 2016 until 28 June 2016, there was a problem propagating Domain object modifications from the RIPE Database to our DNS servers. This means that any changes to Domain objects during this period were not visible in DNS before 13:00 (UTC) on 28 June 2016. We are implementing a countermeasures to avoid future repetition of this incident.
- Planned Interruption to Whois Database Service
From approximately 17:00 to 17:45 UTC on Monday, 18 January, there was a planned interruption to the Whois database service. This caused a brief interruption to updates but no query downtime. Normal service has been resumed.
- Intermittent Errors Connecting to RIPE Database Services
From approximately 07:00 UTC on Tuesday 1 December, there have been intermittent errors connecting to the Whois REST API (rest.db.ripe.net) and the Database website (apps.db.ripe.net). This issue is ongoing, and we are investigating the cause.
- Interruption of RIPE Database and Related Services
Interruptions to RIPE Database queries and updates, the LIR Portal and other related services
- Pre-November 2011 MD5 Passwords for Maintainer Objects Removed on 13 July 2015
On Monday 13 July, the RIPE NCC removed all RIPE Database maintainer MD5 passwords that had not been changed since November 2011.
- 13 July is Deadline to Update Pre-Nov 2011 MD5 Passwords for MNTNR Objects
Updating old MD5 hashes in RIPE Database
- RIPE Database Query Results Not Showing Updates
On Monday, 9 February between approximately 9:00 and 10:00 (UTC), any changes made in whois updates in the RIPE Database were not reflected in query results. This was the result of a network issue that caused a RIPE Database replication to fail. Updates themselves were not affected, and all updates are now visible in query results. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.
- Emergency Maintenance on Core Services
Today, between 12:30 - 15:00 (UTC+1) the RIPE NCC will carry out emergency maintenance work a number of core services. This is due to an announced security vunerability.