Do I need to be a member of the RIPE NCC to receive an IPv6 allocation?

Yes. IP address space is only allocated to RIPE NCC members. However, smaller Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and End Sites can obtain an IPv6 address space assignment or sub-allocation from an upstream provider. See the RIPE Document "IPv6 Address Allocation and Assignment Policy" for more information about IPv6 allocations and assignments.