News: Industry Developments
- Call for Survey Participation: Review of ICANN Address Supporting Organization (ASO)
The consultancy firm ITEMS International is conducting an organizational review of the ICANN Address Supporting Organization (ASO). The aim of the survey is to assess how well the ASO has been performing within the ICANN system and to determine whether any change in its structure or operations is desirable to improve its effectiveness.
- Tomohiro Fujisaki Elected to NRO NC
APNIC is pleased to announce that Tomohiro Fujisaki has been elected as a representative to the Number Resource Organization (NRO) Number Council (NC) for the APNIC region for a two-year term from 1 January2012 to 31 December 2013.
- Internet Community Gathers in Dubrovnik to Discuss Regional and Global Issues
First RIPE NCC Regional Meeting in South East Europe to take place in Dubrovnik from 6th – 9th September 2011
- NRO Communication to ICANN on RPKI Global Trust Anchor
Dear Elise, On behalf of the NRO, I’d like to request a meeting with you...
- NRO Response to NTIA Request for Further Comments on IANA Functions
On 28 July 2011, the NRO submitted a response to the National Telecommunications and Information Administration Request for comments on the Further Notice of Inquiry on The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) Functions.
- ITAC endorses OECD Communique on Internet Policy-Making
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), at the conclusion of its recent High Level Meeting on the Internet Economy, issued a communique and press release of interest to the NRO community.
- NRO participated at OECD High Level Meeting, 27-28 June
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development’s (OECD) High Level Meeting on the Internet Economy was held in Paris on 27-28 June 2011. The NRO, attending this meeting as part of the Internet Technical Advisory Committee (ITAC) to the OECD, was represented by Vint Cerf, ARIN Board.
- Global IPv6 Deployment Monitoring Survey 2011
- ASO AC Workshop Held at ICANN 41
Representatives of the ASO Address Council (AC) hosted a workshop on regional IP addressing activities on 22 June 2011 at ICANN 41, held in Singapore.
- NRO Letter to ICANN: The Future of the IANA Contract