- RIPE Community Selects CRISP Team Members
Following an open call for community volunteers, the RIPE Chair, Hans Petter Holen, has confirmed the appointment of two individuals from the RIPE community to the Consolidated RIR IANA Stewardship (CRISP) team.
- Wilfried Woeber Appointed to NRO NC
Wilfried Woeber was appointed to the Number Resource Organization Number Council (NRO NC) by the RIPE NCC Executive Board.
- RIPE NCC General Meeting November 2014
The RIPE NCC General Meeting (GM) was held 5-7 November 2014 adjacent to the RIPE 69 Meeting in London.
- ICANN 51: Continuing Global Discussion of IANA Stewardship and ICANN Accountability
The 51st ICANN meeting was held in Los Angeles, USA, from 11-16 October 2014, with questions surrounding the IANA stewardship transition and the accountability of ICANN driving much of the agenda.
- The RIPE NCC Disables SSLv3 Encryption For Its Services
The RIPE NCC disabled SSLv3 encryption for most of its services following a report last week about a bug that allows an attacker to compromise the encryption under certain conditions.
- IANA Stewardship: Draft RIPE Proposal Published
An initial working draft of the RIPE community proposal on IANA stewardship has been posted to the RIPE Cooperation Working Group mailing list.
- Updated Registrations For Two Legacy /8 IPv4 Address Blocks
As part of our ongoing efforts to maintain and improve the accuracy of the RIPE Registry, we have updated the registrations concerning two legacy /8 IPv4 address blocks: 53/8 and 57/8.
- RIPE NCC to Reuse Referenced 16-bit ASNs
In accordance with the decision of RIPE Working Group Chairs, the RIPE NCC will start reassigning referenced ASNs once the pool of unreferenced 16-bit ASNs has been exhausted.
- Policy Proposal Implemented: 2012-07 "RIPE NCC Services to Legacy Internet Resource Holders"
The RIPE NCC has begun implementation of RIPE Policy Proposal 2012-07: "RIPE NCC Services to Legacy Resource Holders".
- RIPE NCC Launches General Meeting Registration Through LIR Portal
The RIPE NCC launched General Meeting registration for voting and attendance for the November 2014 meeting