Number Resource Organization
- Protect the unallocated Number Resource pool,
- Promote and protect the bottom up policy development process, and
- Act as a focal point for Internet community input into the RIR system.
- Confirmed Candidates for ICANN Board Seat 10 Election
Consistent with the ASO Memorandum of Understanding and ICANN Bylaws, the Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC) is responsible for the appointment of a representative to serve on Seat Number 10 of the ICANN Board.
- ARIN Elects Louis Lee to NRO NC / ASO AC
ARIN is pleased to announce that Louis Lee has been re-elected to the Number Resource Organization Number Council (NRO NC) from the ARIN region. He will begin serving another three-year term on 1 January 2013.
- ICANN GPP-IPv4-2011 Implementation Comment Period
ICANN has announced a Public Comment Period relating to the implementation of GPP-IPv4-2011: Global Policy Proposal for Post Exhaustion IPv4 Allocation Mechanisms by the IANA.
- RIPE Elects Dmitry Kohmanyuk to NRO NC
- NRO’s Global IPv6 Deployment Monitoring Survey Shows IPv6 Gaining Traction
The results of the 2012 Global IPv6 Deployment Monitoring Survey are now available.
- REMINDER: ASO AC Call for Nominations for Seat 10 on the ICANN Board
On 17 August 2012, the ASO AC called for nominations for the ASO appointment to Seat 10 on the ICANN Board of Directors. The nomination period will end on 19 October 2012.
- Naresh Ajwani re-elected to NRO NC
APNIC is pleased to announce that Naresh Ajwani has been re-elected as a representative to the Number Resource Organization Number Council (NRO NC) for the APNIC region.
- Official Announcement
NRO NC Nominations 2013: Official Announcement
- NRO NC Nominations 2012
NRO NC Nominations 2012
- NRO NC Nominations 2013
NRO NC Nominations 2013
The NRO exists to:
History of the NRO
On 24 October 2003, the four existing RIRs – APNIC, ARIN, LACNIC and the RIPE NCC – entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with ICANN to form the NRO. Once AfriNIC was incorporated in April 2005 it signed the MoU and joined the NRO.
The NRO Number Council (NC)
Under the terms of the MoU signed between the ICANN and the RIRs in October 2004, the NRO Number Council (NRO NC) now performs the role of the Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC). The NRO NC is made up of three community representatives from each RIR region.