Number Resource Organization
- Protect the unallocated Number Resource pool,
- Promote and protect the bottom up policy development process, and
- Act as a focal point for Internet community input into the RIR system.
- Dave Wilson Takes Seat on NRO Number Council
- RIPE NCC NRO Number Council Candidates Announced
- NRO - RIRs and Internet Distribution
Leo Vegoda, Registration Services Manager, RIPE NCC
- WSIS Reinforces the Regional Internet Registries
- Joint NRO / GAC Roundtable on IP Addressing
The NRO and the GAC held a roundtable meeting on IP Addressing in Luxembourg on 10 July 2005. The meeting was held at the Luxemburg International Fair and Conference Centre in co-operation with the ICANN GAC (Governmental Advisory Committee).
- July 2005
The NRO and the GAC held a roundtable meeting on IP Addressing in Luxembourg on 10 July 2005. The meeting was held at the Luxemburg International Fair and Conference Centre in co-operation with the ICANN GAC (Governmental Advisory Committee). [Content hosted by www.nro.net]
- Internet Community Organisations at WSIS Outline Key Factors That Will Ensure the Internet's Continuing Growth
Many of the Internet community organisations that enable the processes for the development and administration of the Internet will host the ‘Internet Pavilion’ (stand 1323) at the ‘ICT 4 all’ exhibition at the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) in Tunis, 15-19 November 2005.
The NRO exists to:
History of the NRO
On 24 October 2003, the four existing RIRs – APNIC, ARIN, LACNIC and the RIPE NCC – entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with ICANN to form the NRO. Once AfriNIC was incorporated in April 2005 it signed the MoU and joined the NRO.
The NRO Number Council (NC)
Under the terms of the MoU signed between the ICANN and the RIRs in October 2004, the NRO Number Council (NRO NC) now performs the role of the Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC). The NRO NC is made up of three community representatives from each RIR region.