- ICANN is contracted by the U.S. government to carry out the IANA function, which includes allocating Internet number resources (IP addresses and AS Numbers) to the Regional Internet Registries from the pools of unallocated resources.
- The NRO Number Council serves as the Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC), which has responsibility for nominating two ICANN Board members.
- ARIN Elects Louis Lee to NRO NC / ASO AC
ARIN is pleased to announce that Louis Lee has been re-elected to the Number Resource Organization Number Council (NRO NC) from the ARIN region. He will begin serving another three-year term on 1 January 2013.
- ICANN GPP-IPv4-2011 Implementation Comment Period
ICANN has announced a Public Comment Period relating to the implementation of GPP-IPv4-2011: Global Policy Proposal for Post Exhaustion IPv4 Allocation Mechanisms by the IANA.
- RIPE Elects Dmitry Kohmanyuk to NRO NC
- REMINDER: ASO AC Call for Nominations for Seat 10 on the ICANN Board
On 17 August 2012, the ASO AC called for nominations for the ASO appointment to Seat 10 on the ICANN Board of Directors. The nomination period will end on 19 October 2012.
- Naresh Ajwani re-elected to NRO NC
APNIC is pleased to announce that Naresh Ajwani has been re-elected as a representative to the Number Resource Organization Number Council (NRO NC) for the APNIC region.
- ASO AC Call for Nominations for Seat 9 on the ICANN Board
Consistent with the ASO Memorandum of Understanding and ICANN Bylaws, the Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC) calls for nominations for Seat Number 9 on the ICANN Board. The nomination period will close at 23:59 UTC on 16 January 2012.
- Call for Survey Participation - Review of ICANN Address Supporting Organization (ASO)
- NRO Communication to ICANN on RPKI Global Trust Anchor
Dear Elise, On behalf of the NRO, I’d like to request a meeting with you...
- ASO AC Workshop Held at ICANN 41
Representatives of the ASO Address Council (AC) hosted a workshop on regional IP addressing activities on 22 June 2011 at ICANN 41, held in Singapore.
- NRO Letter to ICANN: The Future of the IANA Contract
ICANN (the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) was formed in 1998. It is a not-for-profit public-benefit corporation with participants from all over the world dedicated to keeping the Internet secure, stable and interoperable. It promotes competition and develops policy on the Internet’s unique identifiers.
The RIPE NCC and the RIPE community work closely with ICANN in a number of areas:
More information on the Regional Internet Registries (RIRs).