Articles with RIS Analysis
- ASN Missing In Action: A Comparison of RIR Statistics and RIS Reality (PDF)
In this paper, we look at Autonomous System Number (ASN) assignments by the Regional Internet Registries (RIRs) and the number of unique ASNs seen by routers on the Internet.
- An Internet Routing Forensics Framework for Discovering Rules of Abnormal BGP Events (PDF)
In Proceedings of the ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review, Volume 35, Number 5
A tool that extracts information from raw BGP data. It's implemented by Merit Network Inc.
- A Novel Reconfigurable Hardware Architecture for IP Address Lookup (PDF)
Research paper from Amir-Kabir University of Technology Tehran, Iran.
- BGP Convergence Analysis (PDF)
Thesis by Sara Burkle, student at Saarland University, using RIS BGP Beacon data.
- The Consistency Verification of Zebra BGP Data Collection (PDF)
Hongwei Kong's report on The Consistency Verification of Zebra BGP Data Collection (PDF) is interesting for RIS users who analyse raw data. Hong-Wei has looked at the consistency of Zebra's BGP dumps and the reliability of associated analysis tools. Please send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FNIISC: Fault-Tolerant Networking through Intrusion Identification & Secure Compartments (PDF)
Randy Bush et al's slides on FNIISC: Fault-Tolerant Networking through Intrusion Identification & Secure Compartments highlight artifacts related to collecting data over EBGP-multihop sessions.
- Peering Loss Analysis at London Internet Exchange (PDF)
Cengiz Alaettinoglu analysis of Peering Loss Analysis at London Internet Exchange.
- Tracking Routing Black Holes with the RIS (PDF)
Dan Ardelean's thesis on Tracking Routing Black Holes with the RIS is available in PDF format.
- The Routing Registry Consistency Check (RRCC) Project
combines data from RIS with information stored in the RIPE Whois Database to analyze the consistency of routing registry data for AS numbers. It helps identify, correct and keep the routing data in the RIPE Database up-to-date.