The RIPE Network Coordination Centre (RIPE NCC) is one of five Regional Internet Registries (RIRs) providing Internet resource allocations, registration services and coordination activities that support the operation of the Internet globally. It is a not-for-profit association and the working language is English. The environment is internationally orientated, with staff from more than 25 countries.
The Information Technology Department is responsible for developing and maintaining a state-of-the-art computing and communication infrastructure for the RIPE NCC. The department provides IT support to those who use both internal and external RIPE NCC services and is divided into two different teams: a first-line support group and an engineering group.
We are currently seeking a Systems Engineer to participate in the maintenance, administration and design of the RIPE NCC computing and communication infrastructure. The new Systems Engineer will report to the IT Manager.
This position is based at our offices in the centre of Amsterdam. We encourage talented engineers from within our service region to apply for this position.
- Design technical solutions for the benefit of the Internet community and the RIPE NCC
- Perform second/third-line system administration, maintenance, and trouble shooting of the RIPE NCC computing and communication infrastructure
- Be responsible for service assurance and service delivery in a professional and customer-friendly manner
- Play an active role in IT security
- Run projects independently
- Participate in on-call duty
- Set deadlines, prioritise tasks effectively and document procedures
- Report incidents, trends and statistics, and identify areas for improvement
- Perform other tasks as required to fulfill the objectives of the RIPE NCC in general and the IT Department in particular
In addition to the RIPE NCC’s general qualifications, we are specifically looking for:
- 3-4 years relevant experience with Windows and VMware
- Good knowledge of Active Directory
- Relevant experience with Linux/Mac and network technology
- Customer-focused team player, with good interpersonal skills
- Reliable, methodical and thorough; willing and able to accept responsibility
- Good communicator with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- High level of initiative and business awareness
- Demonstrated ability to quickly identify, analyse and resolve issues
- Ability to work under pressure and unsupervised
- Good command of both Dutch and English (written and spoken) with excellent communication skills
The following strengths are desirable but not essential:
- PowerShell scripting skills
- System design experience
- Project-based experience
The annual salary for this position is between €48,748 and €60,912 (before tax). This includes the standard 8% annual “holiday pay” and a 5% end-of-year bonus. The monthly salary is between €3,595 and €4,492 (before tax).
We offer excellent secondary benefits to our employees, including a relocation package for those recruited from outside the Netherlands, help with finding somewhere to live, 30 days' vacation (in addition to public holidays) and a generous training allowance. A more detailed list of our secondary benefits is available.
How to apply
The deadline to apply for this job is Wednesday, 3 June 2015.
If you are selected for an interview, we will cover your expenses.
Please send an application letter and your CV, both in English, by email to openings _at_ ripe _dot_ net.
Please state the job reference number 004-0306 and your full name in the subject line of your email. Please also let us know where you first saw this advertisement.