IP Resource Analyst
Are you good at talking IP and Internet governance? There’s a great opportunity waiting for you at the core of the Internet.
You could be our next IP Resource Analyst (IPRA) – join the RIPE NCC and help us make the Internet a better place.
You’ll be a part of a dynamic, multicultural team that interacts with members across the RIPE NCC service region and implements policies created by the RIPE community.
You’ll do great work by:
- Distributing IP addresses and AS Numbers according to policies set by the RIPE community
- Evaluating and processing registration changes and maintaining RIPE Database entries
- Managing projects aimed at implementing and supporting RIPE Policy
- Representing the team and the organisation at various industry meetings and events, establishing trust with members and the wider Internet community
- Performing forensic analysis of current and historical records to ensure legitimate holdership of IP addresses and AS Numbers
As an IPRA, you’ll be responsible for the complete Internet number resource lifecycle in the RIPE NCC service region, for maintaining a strong and accurate registry, and for offering extensive support to all members using RIPE NCC services. It’s a tough job, but somebody has to do it.
Does this sound like you? Here’s what you’ll need to have:
- At least four years of relevant work experience
- Experience with the Internet industry and knowledge of Internet technologies (TCP/IP stack, network topologies, connectivity, routing protocols, etc.) in relation to Internet number resources
- Passion for providing the highest level of customer service
- Strong administrative skills
- Experience with managing projects
- A fluent level of written and spoken English
- A love of working in a diverse international group
We think it would be brilliant if you could contribute with:
- Russian and/or Turkish language skills
- Presentation skills and experience with public speaking
- Experience with documents issued by national authorities
This position is based at our offices in the centre of Amsterdam.
The annual salary for this position is between EUR 39,351 and EUR 52,464 (before tax). This includes the standard 8% annual “holiday pay” and a 5% end-of-year bonus. Monthly salary is between EUR 2,902 and EUR 3,869 (before tax).
At the RIPE NCC, we respect and facilitate a proper work-life balance for our staff. We offer excellent secondary benefits to our employees, including a relocation package for those recruited from outside the Netherlands, 30 days' vacation (in addition to public holidays), a generous training allowance and excellent paid parental leave.
We encourage applicants with a valid working permit for the Netherlands, from all countries in our service region, to apply.
How to apply:
Please apply using our webform, stating Job Reference Number 2017-003, and let us know where you first saw this advertisement. Don’t forget to include a cover letter – we disregard the applications that don’t have cover letters.
We’ll begin evaluating applications immediately and will continue until the position has been filled. If we choose to take your application further, we will ask you to complete an assignment online. The next step in the process is an in-person interview or Skype interview. If you are selected for an in-person interview, we will cover your expenses.
About the RIPE NCC:
The RIPE Network Coordination Centre (RIPE NCC) is one of five Regional Internet Registries (RIRs) providing Internet resource allocations, registration services and coordination activities that support the operation of the Internet globally. The organisation is set up as a not-for-profit association and the working language is English. The environment is internationally orientated, with staff from more than 20 countries.
More information about the RIPE NCC is available online.