RIPE NCC in the News
- Yerevan Hosts RIPE NCC Regional Conference for First Time
Armenian Economy Minister Karen Chshmarityan, greeting participants on behalf of the government, expressed hope that the conference will be not the last event of this kind. “Let's hope that the conference will make a certain contribution not only to development of Internet infrastructure, enhancement of its security, establishment of ties, but also to development of Internet society as a whole,” he said. (Source: Arka Telecom).
- What are the consequences of the great IP address sell-off?
A second-hand market for IPv4 addresses is having some odd ramifications (Source: TechRadar).
- Firms urged to begin IPv6 switchover as IPv4 address stock dwindles
Businesses and individuals are being urged to start embracing the IPv6 address space as the number of IPv4 addresses nears exhaustion. (Source: v3.co.uk).
- North America has run out of IPv4 Addresses
Yesterday North America finally ran out of IPv4 addresses. This spells trouble for the growth of the internet and it’s a huge challenge for the next billion devices (IoT gadgets, connected cars etc.), which will struggle to become a reality unless IPv6 is widely adopted soon. (Source: IT Pro Portal).
- North America has now run out of IPv4 Internet addresses
North America has now run out of IPv4 Internet addresses as the ageing protocol becomes over-burdened and insufficient to power the ever-growing web. New devices now have to use the newer IPv6 as no more IPv4 addresses can be assigned. (Source: Digital Journal).
- UAE TRA Centre of Digital Innovation organises "Train the Trainer" initiative in cooperation with RIPE NCC
The Train the Trainer initiative is designed to train and build a diverse pool of highly skilled Arab trainers capable of delivering the IPv6 Roadshow workshops in that region. (Source: WAM Emirates News Agency).
- Will wearable technology have a place in the office?
It's easy to see how the internet has changed our global society and transformed the business world. It's an essential tool for most organisations and the web functions it supports are critical – can you even imagine trying to do your job without email? (Source: TechRadar Pro).
- What would happen to the economy without the Internet?
In this day and age, it would be extremely difficult to argue that the global economy could continue in the same way without the internet. The ability to transfer data immediately across vast distances has completely changed the world of commerce and society at large. (Source: TechRadar Pro).
- Networks Related topics Cisco, ipv6, Iot, Bt DeSENSORtised: Why the 'Internet of Things' will FAIL without IPv6
What's stopping a tinyputer invasion? An IP address shortage, says Cisco. (Source: The Register).
- RIPE NCC Opens Regional Office in Dubai
The RIPE Network Coordination Centre (RIPE NCC), one of the five global Regional Internet Registries (RIRs), officially opened its regional office in Dubai on 31 March 2014. By expanding its presence in the Middle East, the RIPE NCC hopes to meet increased demand for region-specific support in an area experiencing continuous growth in the Internet and related fields. (Source: Zawya).