János Zsakó Biography
- Diploma in Computer Science Engineering, Technical University, Cluj, Romania, 1986.
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) by Information System Audit and Control Association (ISACA), Illinois, USA, 1999-2012, presently not active.
- Master diploma in management (Maîtrise en Management des Organisations en Contexte International), Université de Picardie, Amiens, France, 2000
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) by Information System Audit and Control Association (ISACA), Illinois, USA, 2004-2012, presently not active.
- Master diploma in economics at College of Finance and Accountancy of Budapest Business School, 2008.
Between June 2011 and October 2014 Development Director, since October 2014 Managing Director of ISZT Nonprofit Kft., the .hu TLD operator. ISZT is an LIR with five star IPv6 RIPEness, with 100% content deployment (http://ripeness.ripe.net/5star/HU.html).
Janos contributed to the DNSSEC deployment and to elaborating a hardened and reliable environment for authoritative secondaries for .hu.
Between 2005 and 2011 Technology Director of 3C Kft, Budapest, Hungary. Managed to acquire a vast experience in satellite communications, network security, Internet related services like DNS, mail and routing. 3C offered Internet access services over ADSL countrywide and with microwave in the Budapest area.
Between 1998 and 2005 Technical Director at BankNet. Joined BankNet, a data communication service provider, in 1992. Pioneer in offering commercial Internet services in Hungary late 1994 taking transit services from Pipex UK.
Attended most of RIPE meetings since RIPE 21, Rome. Member of the editorial committee of the RIPE document ripe-136 (which replaced ripe-104). Member of the Database Security Task Force, summarized the results in RFC2726. Member of the RIPE Data Protection Task Force. Member of the ad-hoc group for DNS WG 67.1. Gave a presentation on IPv6 penetration in Hungary at RIPE 68.
On the RIPE NCC Executive Board, acting as Treasurer between 2001 and 2010. Contribution to the safeguarding of the assets of the RIPE NCC during the financial crisis period and providing transparency of the financial situation. Adviser to the Executive Board of the RIPE NCC from 2010.
Active role in the formation of the Council of Hungarian Internet Providers (CHIP). Roles in CHIP: chairman of Registration Committee (1998), vice-president (1999), at present chairman of Network Security Committee (since 2001), member of the Supervisory Board from 2005 to 2013. Member of the Supervisory Board of the .hu TLD Registry from 2000 to 2011. Member of honour of CHIP since April 2013.
Former work experience: systems programming in microcomputer environment (1986-1988), in industrial automation (1988-1990), in 4GL product (1990-1992).
Co-author of the book: "Tree structures and their applications", Technical Publishing House, Bucharest, 1990 (in Romanian).
Member of the third prize team at the Programming World Championship for 4GL held in Stockholm, 1991.