Call for RIPE 71 Host
Do you want to host RIPE 71 on 9-13 November 2015?
A RIPE Meeting is a five-day event where Internet industry experts, Internet service providers (ISPs), network operators and other interested parties from all over the world gather.
When a RIPE Meeting takes place outside of the Netherlands, the RIPE NCC is dependent on a local host. While this is quite an undertaking, the exposure that the Host will receive and the benefit of their provided support to the RIPE community should far outweigh their efforts. Our Host is expected to provide general support during both the preparation and delivery of the RIPE Meeting. This includes providing:
- Internet connectivity (minimum 300 Mbps, ideally 1 Gbps) to the meeting venue
- Help in scouting for the meeting and social event venues
- Administrative support – for example visa invitation letters for participants
- Some on-site technical and registration desk support during the meeting
- Assistance in finding local sponsors
For further details, please refer to the description of RIPE Meeting Host Requirements.
Benefits of Hosting a RIPE Meeting
Hosting a RIPE Meeting provides your organisation with excellent visibility to the RIPE community. It will be made very clear to the RIPE community, from the onset of your organisation being approved as Host, that you are playing a vital role in the RIPE Meeting. Your organisation’s name will be mentioned in meeting announcements, as well as the opening and closing plenary of the meeting. Your organisation will also be given the opportunity to make a 5 to 10 minute welcome speech during the opening plenary. Your logo will be prominently displayed on the RIPE Meeting website, in printed meeting material, on the participant badge, on-site banners and in the daily meeting reports.
If you’d like to host a RIPE Meeting, please email us at meeting _at_ ripe _dot_ net. Any organisation may submit a proposal to host. Your host proposal should be as detailed as possible and we require the following information from you:
- The name of your organisation and a short motivation text explaining why you would like to become a RIPE Meeting Host
- Which city you are proposing to host the meeting in
- Some highlights of the proposed city and why RIPE Meeting attendees might wish to visit it
- If known, an outline of how you propose to arrange connectivity to the meeting venue
- A list of three to four suitable hotels that have availability during the proposed dates, as well as:
- A plenary room of at least 650 seats “theatre-style”
- A breakout room of at least 220 seats “theatre-style”
- A coffee break area for 500 people as well as four stands
- A restaurant (or restaurants) that can host seated lunch for 450 people
- Three boardrooms for 30-35 people
- Four boardrooms for 10-25 people
- At least 260 standard guestrooms
Please also indicate how far each of these hotels are from your main international airport.
For further details, please refer to the description of RIPE Meeting Hotel Requirements.
You are also invited to provide any additional information that you think would support your proposal to host a RIPE Meeting.
What Happens Next?
The call for proposals closes on 1 March 2014. We will consider all proposals submitted to us before this date.
We may have follow-up questions for you, to help us make the best decision.
If you have any queries about hosting a RIPE Meeting, please contact meeting _at_ ripe _dot_ net.