Re: [mat-wg] RIPE ATLAS construction

  • To: Andrei Sukhov amskh@localhost
  • From: Mirjam Kuehne mir@localhost
  • Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 19:21:49 +0200
  • Cc: mat-wg@localhost, woeber@localhost

Dear Andrei,

You can find some general information about RIPE Atlas here:

http://labs.ripe.net/atlas

Additional documentation can be found here:

http://atlas.ripe.net/doc/

Please also note the Atlas FAQ: http://atlas.ripe.net/faq

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Kind regards,
Mirjam Kuehne
RIPE NCC

Andrei Sukhov wrote:
Dear Mirjam,

Dear Mirjam,

I am Andrei Sukhov from Samara State Aerospace University (SSAU).

We have installed in SSAU the different RIPE measurement system: RIPE ATLAS and
RIPE Test Box. The measurement data is used for construction of network model.
Timur Sultanov and Danil Polukarov told about our model for bandwidth
measurements on RIPE59 in Lisbon.

Now we would like to understand both hardware and software construction of RIPE ATLAS
for implementation of our mechanism. Unfortunately we can’t find any
description of RIPE ATLAS.

Please give us a link on ATLAS documentation if this documentation is free. My
student needs in this documentation for graduation work.

I hope to hear from your shortly.

Sincerely yours,   Andrei Sukhov
http://www.ip4tv.ru/sukhovs-home-page.html