Re: [mat-wg] Suggestion to Ripe stats !

  • To: Andreas Larsen <andreas.larsen@localhost
  • From: Mark Dranse markd@localhost
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 16:24:02 +0200
  • Cc: "mat-wg@localhost" mat-wg@localhost

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Larsen wrote:
> I would like to see something similar to
>
> http://as-rank.caida.org
>
> http://as-rank.caida.org/?mode0=as-intro
>
> Broken down in terms of country and region.

This is really interesting work, which my colleagues and I follow. We
can certainly learn and take influence from it, but are obviously
wouldn't re-implement such a well developed tool.

> How the calculation of the ranking should be done I leave up to this mailing
> list to discuss.

What opinions do the list have on this? How could this tool be improved?
And how specifically could RIPEstat modules be improved by including
specific aspects of this data?

I'm sure that CAIDA are watching this list too, in case you have
comments on as-rank that are of use to them.

Regards,

Mark

--
Mark Dranse