Re: [mat-wg] Live Egyptian Internet Incident Analysis

  • To: Randy Bush randy@localhost
  • From: Daniel Karrenberg <daniel.karrenberg@localhost
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 13:19:46 +0100
  • Cc: Mark Dranse markd@localhost, "Richard L. Barnes" rbarnes@localhost, mat-wg@localhost

About what we are doing:

There is much mis-information and conjecture going on.  Therefore it is
important to get measurable facts out there in real time.  We are being
careful with analysis and conscious about not causing further breakage.
But there is value in documenting the facts.

About ISOC:

It is ISOC's role to make policy statements supporting "The Internet is
for Everyone!" and as an ISOC trustee I fully support that.

About what the RIRs could do:

I am not sure if it would be appropriate for the RIPE NCC to make policy
statements on this issue.  What would be the legitimacy of such
statements?  What would they do to the neutrality of the RIPE NCC?

RIPE making a statement is an entirely different matter.  That process
is best started by enlisting support among the RIPE community, on the
RIPE list and by talking to the chair.

Daniel