Re: Test traffic - traffic types?

  • To: Max Tulyev <

  • From: Alexander Tudor <

  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 08:35:04 -0700

Hi Max,

Thank you for your note!

Some of the issues surrounding TTM measurements are:

- effort/commitment
- membership support and/or community contribution
- technical feasibility and evidence that measurement methodology is sound for the purpose and preferably is standardized

They assume that deployed measurements are part of the membership supported TTM infrastructure.

However, if one is a service provider and considers deploying TTM nodes as part of the network management solution
of their own network, that is another story altogether. There has been recent discussion, within the TTM WG, about this
very issue and I think it would be interesting to take it up again at RIPE 51.

You may also want to take a look at the minutes of RIPE 50 which touch on consumer measured network
performance.

Regards,

Alex