Public release of a Swedish attempt of a tt-project.

  • From: Rickard Dahlstrand <

  • Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 10:04:22 +0200

Hi,

Just wanted to tell you all that we now have released the public interface to the prototype system ordered by the Swedish National Post and Telecom Agency. It can be seen at the lower part of this webpage: http://www.sitic.se/ under the headline "Hur m�r internet just nu?" (How is Internet doing right now?). The matrix displays measurement data for nine different Swedish operators in two levels. Yellow for minor problems and red for major connectivity problems. At this point we are only testing for delays (RTT), but when we have more control over the placement we will start measuring throughput and jitter as well.

The main goal for this project is to monitor pearing and transit between some of the larger Internet-operators in Sweden. As a side effect we are also monitoring some ADSL-connections, but that will go away when operators allow us to place measurement points in the actual core-network.

The system is build around the cheep measurement hardware I presented to some of you at the last RIPE meeting. If any of you are interested I will be happy to provide you with a personal user account to the more advanced frontend. This project will be evaluated this fall and it will possibly result in some kind of continued development, hopefully something that can be released to the community. I will keep you posted on the progress.

Rickard.