Minutes TTM sessions RIPE 48 (draft #2)

  • To: NCC Webmaster < >
  • From: Ruben van Staveren < >
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 16:31:43 +0200
  • Cc:
    Henk Uijterwaal < >

RIPE 48 - Amsterdam

Minutes from the Test Traffic Measurements Working Group session,
Held on the 5th of May 2004 at 11:00-12:30 and 14:00-16:00

The administrativia where quickly dealt with, appointed as scribe for the
sessions was Ruben van Staveren of RIPE NCC. There where no any other agenda
items added.

* TTM report from the RIPE NCC (status and plans) by Henk Uijterwaal

See http://www.ripe.net/ripe/meetings/ripe-48/presentations/ripe48-tt-status.pdf

	HIGHLIGHTS

	Mentioned from the previous working group session where SCoLe, Delay
	Tomography and OWAMP and whether RIPE NCC should be involved in these
	efforts.

	OWAMP will be looked into, the others not for the time being.
	ftp://ftp.ripe.net/rfc/rfc3763.txt

	The operational aspects of TTM will be moved out of the New Projects group
	and to RIPE NCC's operational department. Software maintenance will be
	moved to RIPE NCC's software engineering department.  This will take place
	somewhere between July - September, a definitive schedule has yet to be
	made.

	In that period it is assured that service levels will not drop and should
	even increase after the transition.

	On the TTM Sales front, the service fee has been reduced to an annual 1000
	euro's. The possibility of sponsoring hardware is also being considered, if
	certain conditions have been met. Being a academic network, for instance.

	The DNSMON service will be turned into a regular one, a draft service is
	available and a final one will be ready before the CENTR meeting in June.

	The plans between now and RIPE 49

	* Update the presentation of our data on the website
	* Look into using OWAMP for the measurements
	* Percacci numbers
	* Bandwidth measurements

	QUESTIONS (Q=Question/A=Answer/R=Remark)

	Q: About the development in TTM and the move to production.