Re: More RIPE47 followup

  • From: "Henk Uijterwaal (RIPE NCC)" < >
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:36:41 +0100 (CET)

Dear All,

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Henk Uijterwaal (RIPE NCC) wrote:

> This is a follow-up on a question raised during the AOB session of the TTM
> meeting @ RIPE47.  Two potentially interesting developments were discussed
> there:
>
> 1. OWAMP.

> 2. Delay Tomography, SCoLE

> Any comments, either to the list or to me privately, are appreciated,

Thanks to everybody who responded privately.  The reactions can be
summarized as:

 1. Yes, there is a clear interest in having OWAMP and people plan to
    use it once it is there.

    We will keep this on our workplan, but, as I wrote earlier, adding
    OWAMP involves a non-trivial amount of work, so do not expect this
    to be added overnight, or before RIPE48 or even 49.

 2. There is little interest in DT and SCoLE, other than providing a
    link on the webpage and/or a copy of the code "as is".  That's
    something we can do easily.

Henk

Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk.uijterwaal(at)ripe.net
RIPE Network Coordination Centre          http://www.amsterdamned.org/~henk
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam  Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands    Mobile: +31.6.55861746

Process and Procedure are the last hiding place of people without the wit
and wisdom to do their job properly.                          (David Brent).