Re: [ncc-services-wg] Incident Response Service (IRS) [was: UnneededRIPE tasks] (fwd)

  • To: Hank Nussbacher < >
  • From: "Henk Uijterwaal (RIPE-NCC)" < >
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 13:40:00 +0200 (CEST)
  • Cc:
    < >

Dear Hank,

For your first question, please see Daniel's quote from RIPE271 and
further text in his posting earlier today.

> >with more details about the IS activity.  This paper was discussed at
> >RIPE45 and people have been invited to comment on this document on the
> >tt-wg@localhost list.  Then the proposed budget:
>
> The test-Traffic WG, as per its charter states: [...]

Speaking as the former chair of the tt-wg:

Formally speaking you are right, it is outside the charter of the TT-WG.
However, after Daniel's presentation at RIPE45 and subsequent discussion,
the question was raised where further comments on the topic could be
posted.  As the IS activity overlaps between at least 5 different WG's
(tt, techsec, services, routing, DNS*) and none of them is exactly the
right place for this discussion, we arbitrarily picked the tt-wg list.

There haven't been that many postings on the topic as I'd hoped, but
comments are still welcome.

Henk

Henk Uijterwaal                             Email: henk.uijterwaal@localhost
RIPE Network Coordination Centre            WWW: http://www.ripe.net/home/henk
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258           Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam    Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands      Mobile: +31.6.55861746

That problem that we weren't having yesterday, is it better? (Big ISP NOC)