update of ssh on testboxes

  • From: Mark Santcroos < >
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 16:19:44 +0100

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce the successful update of all testboxes
to OpenSSH version 3.0.1.

This has several (less) obvious advantages:

1. It fixes all known security issues.
2. In case of a future security emergency we are better prepared to do
   a fast upgrade to a secure version.
3. We now also support SSH protocol version 2.

We would also like to thank all persons that informed us about the
possible security risks.

We take this warnings and advises very serious and encourage you to keep
us informed about any security issue that you might be aware of on the
testboxes.

With regards,

Mark

--
Mark Santcroos				RIPE Network Coordination Centre
http://www.ripe.net/home/mark/		New Projects Group/TTM