Re: [ripe-pdp] Current policy process

  • To: Randy Bush < >
  • From: Hans Petter Holen < >
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 08:04:29 +0200 (CEST)
  • Cc: Hans Petter Holen < >
    < >

> have you looked at arin or recent apnic process documents?
> i suggest we model after them.

yes, I have studied them and find two points for discussion:
http://www.arin.net/policy/ipep.html

- RIPE does not have an advisory council.
-- Should we make a new such - or should we re-use a subset of the working
group chairs (sort of like the IETF IESG style)

- in the Arin process the board of trustees has an active part in
reviewing the policy and adopts or rejects the policy.

-- do we want this in the RIPE community too or do we - want the board to
have a more remote role ? (Such as returing to the policy process if
process is not followed)

Hans Petter