Re: DANTE CERT Service

  • To:
  • From: "Wilfried Woeber, UniVie/ACOnet" < >
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 1994 14:06:14 MET
  • Cc:

>From: Harald.T.Alvestrand@localhost
>Date: Thu, 15 Dec 1994 13:53:13 +0100
>
>Some people might doubt that EurOpen can manage to forget its historical
>links to EUNet.
>- The Concert-in-E proposal should be pursued, but the result might
>  be more of a consultation forum (FIRST-Europe?) rather than
>  an operational service (CERT-Europe).

  Could someone please advise me on *why* it is necessary or useful to
  create a "FIRST-Europe?" when there is a well-established FIRST?

  This sounds similar to proposing an IETF-Europe, just because we can't
  stand the idea the IETF (and the FIRST) were established somewhere
  else...

  But then, I didn't have the time yet to deply dive into this or to
  attend the recent meetings. So I may be missing crucial bits of
  information.

  Thanks,
  -Wilfried.
  Wilfried Woeber                :  e-mail: Woeber@localhost
  Computer Center - ACOnet       :
  Vienna University              :  Tel: +43 1 4065822 355
  Universitaetsstrasse 7         :  Fax: +43 1 4065822 170
  A-1010 Vienna, Austria, Europe :  NIC: WW144