Re: RIPE DNS Hostcount July 1993

  • To: ripe-list@localhost
  • From: Joseph Michl michl@localhost
  • Date: 05 Aug 93 09:09:27+0200
  • X400-received: by /PRMD=belwue/ADMD=_/C=de/; Relayed; 05 Aug 93 09:09:40+0100
  • X400-received: by /PRMD=belwue/ADMD=d400/C=de/; Relayed; 05 Aug 93 09:09:27+0200

Christian Huiteme is right. The x.25 is a well spreaded, well understood,
well working and calculable network infrastructure in germany. It is right
that for an IP dominated network you can think for an better infrastructure.
But the point is not to have the best infrastructure, but to have at least
one good. And with the x.25 network (WIN) we have one.

So I think it is more right to say: because of this x.25 infrastructure there
are so many IP Hosts connected in germany, and not in spite of.

Concerning "trouble enhancement layer":

There are problems with x.25, but they are resolvable. With every other
protocol you have some problems.

The way should therefore be to work at the problems and not to condemn
a whole protocol.

Regards,

Joseph