Re: RIPE DNS Hostcount February 1993

  • To: huber@localhost, Marten.Terpstra@localhost
  • From: Christophe Wolfhugel <Christophe.Wolfhugel@localhost
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1993 13:41:24 +0100
  • Cc: noc@localhost, ripe-list@localhost, vixie@localhost

> [ zone transfers adding glue records which are not in the zone files ]

Those "glue records getting transferred" problems seems to appear on many
systems, Bind 4.8.3, but also Sun's named. I peeked around within all the
domains I had access to the zone files and on lots of them got the same
problem. Scsnms.switch.ch has a modified release which eliminates those
glue records, as well as nikhef.nl probably.  I even suspect this to be
the cause of crashes we recently had on an HP-UX being secondary (the
system hung while named-xfer was running).

I'm waiting for Bind 4.9 to see if this problem is persistant.
Perhaps could Paul Vixie indicate us if this issue has been
adressed, or just even known, in 4.9 ?

Christophe Wolfhugel  -+-  wolf@localhost  -+-  Herve Schauer Consultants