Re: NSFnet stats

  • To:
  • From: Susan Horvath < >
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 92 13:57:09 -0500
  • Cc: Hank Nussbacher < >
    "Steven N. Goldstein--Ph 202-357-9717" < >
    Elise Gerich < >
    Jessica Yu < >

Olivier,
Yes, CA*NET and the CERN traffic to NSFNET were still on the T1 in November.
We did register some data losses with the T3 traffic-by-network data in
early November, but I suspect that most of the differences that you noted
were due to the fact that much of the international traffic did not cross
the T3 backbone.  Even though the Country report is explicitly labelled as
representing only the T3 traffic, I can understand the likelihood of
misinterpretation and have removed the report from nic.merit.edu.

The upcoming December report should be complete, and I don't expect any
problems.  If you find something that doesn't make sense, please let
me know, and we'll try to track it down.

Susan Horvath
Merit/NSFNET Information Services