Re: European IP requests - template

  • To:
  • From: Daniel Karrenberg < >
  • Date: Tue, 01 Sep 92 22:16:15 +0200
  • Cc: hostmaster < >
    ripe < >

  > bob@localhost writes:
  > There is potential for confusion here, as some IP service providers will
  > have their own application forms that differ from this RIPE default templat
  > e.
  > (We do -- for much the same reasons that you have a different format to
  > the US form -- local conditions prevail.)

After giving it some thought I strongly believe that we should go for a
European IP network number *registration* form and eventually for a
worldwide one.
This should be agreed within RIPE. If additional information is necessary
locally that should be asked on a local addendum.

My reasoning: If we don't do this the procedures will be totally confusing
and obsolete versions of the form(s) will be abundant.

My plan: Agree on such a form at the next RIPE meeting.

Input welcome.

Daniel