Mailing loops

  • To:
  • From: Eric Thomas < >
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 92 21:02:09 +0200
  • Comment: News about RARE
  • Originator: rare-news@localhost
  • Version: 5.41 -- Copyright (c) 1991/92, Anastasios Kotsikonas

I understand that this will probably  sound provocative and that RARE has
a politico-religious  mission which  isn't precisely  in line  with using
BITNET software  that only runs  on VM, and  I sincerely don't  care what
software RARE chooses  to run its mailing lists, but  could these mailing
loops PLEASE be addressed in a SERIOUS fashion? By that I don't mean just
deleting the recipient like last time and hoping it doesn't happen again,
but making sure that  the same error would not cause  a mailing loop ever
again.

Before  you tell  me RARE  really  has no  other option,  I hereby  offer
resources  on SEARN  to run  up  to 20  remotely managed  RARE lists  not
exceeding a  total of  200 postings/day  on the  average. Disk  space for
archiving postings can be negotiated.

  Eric