new bug fix release of prtraceroute
- Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 15:27:33 +0100 (MET)
After getting tired of the requests why prtraceroute didn't do what people
hoped it should do, I fixed some of the bugs... (and found some new ones).
It's highly recommended to upgrade since this release also does a better
job in skipping funny modern objects that caused the impression that the
whole Internet was in AS1800... and yes the software runs with perl5 now.
The code is available from:
If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me again,
New in 2.0 BETA 4
1. new quad2int routine due to perl5 problems with bit shifts and
some other minor perl5 fixes
This version is supposed to work with perl5 now
Note that the other PRIDE tools don't!!!!
2. removed hardcoded SOCKSTREAM (for Solaris) and port value
3. The tool skips now route objects with origin=AS0
4. The tool skips now route objects with prefix 'x.x.x.x/0-5'
5. The inet-rtr lookup works again (did nobody notice that the
RIPE whois server doesn't support use of two '-T' options...)
6. More robust code for interfacing with different versions of
traceroute. Note that more robust doesn't mean good code,
there is still some work left...
7. The AS macro expansion didn't work with AS lists that contained
other AS macros
8. The policy evaluator had a bug which has been worked around.