Re: Changes to PI Policy?

  • To: leo vegoda < >
  • From: Peter Gradwell < >
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 11:09:43 +0100

At 18:18 17/04/2003 +0200, leo vegoda wrote:
The solution has to be to look at it from the other perspective and make everyone provider independent. In the interim, I think we should just look at stretching out the current address space so it supports legitimate uses and predicted capacity requirements.
I want to check I understand what you suggest here. Do you mean that the PA -vs- PI distinction should be removed? i.e. all IPv4 address space would become portable?
Not immediately, we would have to solve the routing problem first. But in the longer term, I think that it would be a desirable goal.

peter

engineering & hosting services for email, web and usenet