Re: your mail

  • To: Andre Chapuis < >
  • From: leo vegoda < >
  • Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 12:34:22 +0100
  • Cc: PI Policy Task Force < >

Hi Andr�,

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 11:06:20AM +0100, Andre Chapuis wrote:

> >Hi Leo,
> I saw in the DB that several blocks within 195/8 have been registered as ALLOCATED PI last week (13.2.2003):

This is part of an effort we've been making to tidy things up and
make the whois data easier for software to interpret. We have
registered allocations surrounding the space we have available in
there for PI assignments.

> Since we (and other ISP) filter out prefixes longer than /20 (or /19) within 195/8 (except for the ALLOCATED PI ranges), I'd like to know if this is going to happen often or if the 195/8 is now fully allocated. It would be useful in order to update the filters.

This word should make 195/8 fully allocated. However, we can't
guarantee that it will stay this way. If people return address
space within 195/8 to us we would "sin bin" it for a while and then
feel free to issue it.

> More generally: Out of which blocks are the PI allocations made ? And what is the minimal assignement size within them ?

193/8 and 194/7. We publish the smallest sizes we issue for each /8
(and /23) range in http://www.ripe.net/ripe/docs/smallest-alloc-sizes.html
each time the IANA give us more space.

> Thank you,
> Andr�
> PS: I hope the issue is not off-topic...

I think it's very on topic.

Best regards,

--
leo vegoda