[ncc-dubai03] RIPE NCC Regional Meeting Dubai - Follow-up

  • From: Paul Rendek <

  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:19:00 +0100

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to thank everyone involved in the RIPE NCC
Regional Meeting in Dubai. The event was very successful
and feedback from attendees has been positive. The meeting
has given us a much clearer impression of the IP networking
issues specific to our members in the Middle East region.

The following mailing list has been set up to help continue the
discussions started at the regional meeting in Dubai:

ncc-dubai03@localhost

The purpose of the mailing list is to:

- Encourage further discussion of IP networking issues specific
to the Middle East region;

- Provide a forum capable of gathering the input of Local Internet
Registries (LIRs), Network Operators and governments from the
area for future meetings on Internet resource administration in the
Middle East;

- Discuss the possibility of forming a Middle Eastern Operators
Forum or similar group. (Information on the European Operators
Forum, can be found at: http://www.ripe.net/ripe/wg/eof/ ).

All attendees from the RIPE NCC Regional Meeting, Dubai, have
automatically been subscribed to the mailing list. To un-subscribe
please use the following link:

The above link can also be used to subscribe to the mailing list.
Please forward this link to any colleagues who would be interested
in the topics covered in the list.

We expect the lifetime of the mailing list to be approximately six
months, after which time it will be closed. The mailing list will be
publicly archived and will be available at:

http://www.ripe.net/ripe/mail-archives/ncc-dubai03

We would like to thank Etisalat, Dubai Internet City and FLAG
Telecom whose sponsorship and support made the meeting so
successful.

We are also very grateful to all those who made presentations at
the meeting. These presentations can be found at:

http://www.ripe.net/ripencc/regional-meetings/dubai-2003/presentations/

We would like to thank the attendees of this RIPE NCC Regional
Meeting. The participation of so many attendees from such diverse
locations throughout the area made the meeting all the more successful.
It demonstrates that there are a range of issues relevant to IP Networking
in the Middle East that need discussion and that meetings such as this
are an important part of this progress. If approached, the RIPE NCC would
be happy to participate and give support to future events of this kind.

We are interested in receiving further feedback from attendees of the
RIPE NCC Regional Meeting in Dubai. If you have any comments on the
presentations, tutorials or organisation of the meeting, or if you would like
to make any other suggestions, please contact us at:

contact@localhost

Kind regards,

Paul Rendek
Head of Member Services & Communications
RIPE NCC