SIRCE Feedback - Please Reply

  • To: NCC Contributors < >
  • From: RIPE NCC Feedback Department < >
  • Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 16:52:09 +0100
  • Cc: Local Internet Registries in Europe < >

Dear colleagues,

form the responses to the funding call for the SIRCE pilot it looks like
there is no broad basis of support for this project.  We are very
interested to know more about the reasons for this.  You can help us by
answering this message, selecting a couple of simple statements
below. This should take but a few minutes.  The idea is that you delete
the statements which you do *not* support and leave in the ones that you
do support.  We will publish a summary of the reslts next week.
If this method of getting feedback is successful we will use it more
frequently.

Thank you very much in advance

Daniel Karrenberg
RIPE NCC

%START  please leave this line in

%FORM [quest9601]

	Please delete the statements below which you do *not* support and
	leave in those that you do support. Note that our robot parses the
	words starting with a % sign, so delete them too.

%ST1 At this time a European wide security incident coordination service
     is not needed.

%ST2 A security incident coordination service will be needed in a couple of
     years.

%ST3 A security incident coordination service is not useful at all.

%ST4 I have looked at the SIRCE proposal (ripe-150).

%ST5 The SIRCE project should have been discussed at a RIPE meeting prior to
     asking for funding.

%ST6 There was not enough time to consider contributing to the SIRCE pilot.

%ST7 The RIPE NCC should not do security incident coordination.

%ST8 The RIPE NCC should not start new services but concentrate on its
     present activities.

%ST9 We are satisfied with the current RIPE NCC services.

%STA RIPE should start a security coordination working group.

%STB We do not contribute to SIRCE because the project is too vague.

%STC We do not contribute to SIRCE because the RIPE NCC is not the
     right place to execute it.

%STD We do not contribute to SIRCE because we do not need it.

%STE We do not contribute to SIRCE because it is too expensive.

%STF The involvement of TERENA makes it SIRCE too complicated to manage.

%STG This questionaaire was easy to understand and complete.

%STH This questionnaire took too much time to complete.

%STI I like that the RIPE NCC asks for my feedback in this way.

	At this point you may want to review the statements that are
	left and delete any that you do not fully support.

Please specify the registry ID of your organisation if it has one
between the brackets.

%REGID [      ]

%END - please leave this line in

Thank you for your time!