Re: 1997 Charging Scheme

  • To: Per Gregers Bilse < >
  • From: Paul Ridley < >
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 13:02:16 +0200
  • Cc:

Per Gregers Bilse wrote:

> On Oct 4,  7:17, Daniel Karrenberg <Daniel.Karrenberg@localhost wrote:
> > We have exceeded the mandate we received at the meeting by lowering the
> > sign-up fee from ECU 2000 to ECU 1300.  This is a consequence of
>
> I suggest keeping it at 2000 and holding more training courses instead.

Dear Per,

IR training courses next year.

We had planned to give 48 courses with 16 attendees per course. This
gives a total of 768 course places which is enough for 2 per new
registry formed next year.

Based on the overheads for next year each place on a course costs ECU
293.

If as you suggest we use the difference in revenue between a sign up
fee of ECU 2000 and one of ECU 1300 for extra local IR courses, then we
must spend kECU 268 extra. Based upon the same unit cost of ECU 293 this
means we must offer 915 extra course places. This equates to an extra
+/- 57 courses and leads to a total of 105 courses per year. We do not
think that it is realistic, in terms of staffing and uptake of places
that we offer two courses per week, a fourfold increase on our present
amount?

I hope this gives you an impression of the consequences that this
proposal would have and why we still are convinced that the lowering of
the sign up fee is the appropriate course of action.

Regards

Paul Ridley