Re: Meeting, Charging & Documents

  • To: (Daniel Karrenberg)
  • From: Mickey Coggins < >
  • Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 10:51:43 +0200 (CEsT)
  • Cc:
>   > But can someone teel me what is the difference between Small, Medium and
>   > Large Registary? If there isnt apart for the amount of money we give RIPE
>   > then what is the point?

> Perhaps these times have passed and we need to investigate more stringent
> mechanisms to determine registry size?

The strange thing is that it would seem that the larger registries
would be much less of a burden than the smaller ones.  For example, if
one has a couple of /16s, then the only interaction with RIPE would
be to send in database updates.  While running a complex database
like RIPE's is not trivial, it must require much less resource than
answering a lot of startup registry questions.
--
Mickey Coggins    Mobile: +41-79-210-3762    Technical Support Group
Internet Prolink     Tel: +41-22-788-8555    BS/BE/GE/GR/VD/ZH