Re: RIPE NCC Revenue & Charging 1996 (1.0)

Hallo Daniel,

nobody from SWITCH will be at the forthcoming NCC contributors meeting.
However we would nevertheless like to express our agreement with the proposed
financing schema for 1996:

>    The Registry Fee
>
>                I propose to use the same categories for  local  IRs
>                as 1996 but to reduce the fees associated by 25% for
>                ISP local IRs.  This results in the following fees:
>

>                        +----------------------------------+
>                        |   Category   1995 Fee   1996 Fee |
>                        +----------------------------------+
>                        |                                  |
>                        |  Large ISP      12000       9000 |
>                        | Medium ISP       6000       4500 |
>                        |  Small ISP       2000       1500 |
>                        |                                  |
>                        | Enterprise       1000       1000 |
>                        |                                  |
>                        |Last Resort          0          0 |

I am generally reluctant to do usage based pricing, because this normally
leads to more work and endless discussions about whether the figures are
correct or not.

Kind regards,

Willi Huber

   Willi Huber,  SWITCH,  Limmatquai 138,  CH-8001 Zurich, Switzerland
   INET: huber@localhost | Tel: +41 1 268 1530 | Fax: +41 1 268 1568
           X.400: S=huber;O=switch;P=switch;A=arcom;C=CH