Status of GISD.

  • From: Tony Bates < >
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 1994 16:54:38 +0200
  • Cc:
    RIPE STAFF < >
    Daniel Karrenberg < >
    David Sitman < >

Status of GISD and an announcement
----------------------------------

As many of you know there has been little or no progress with work on
the Generic Internet Service Description since the Houston IETF. This
is entirely due to the fact that I have had no time to work on GISD since
starting the PRIDE project. However, I am pleased to announce we have found
a truly excellent person to continue the GISD effort.

I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce you to David Sitman from EARN
who will be taking over as the "man in charge" of GISD. He will be editorially
in charge.

David and the EARN team bring a far superior knowledge of technical
documentation as their RFC1580 document clearly shows.

David will attend the Toronto IETF to take over as chair of the
IETF GISD Working Group and charge towards completing the goals laid out
in the charter. I will of course try to continue to play a role in
the birth of GISD.

	Regards,
		--Tony.