Re: ERX TF - Process

  • To: Kristian Rastas <

  • From: Hank Nussbacher <

  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 19:21:51 +0200 (IST)

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Kristian Rastas wrote:

> For example: We have a customer who has used Internic-space since Year
> 1993, but
> no registration data exists in ARIN but there is a record in RIPE-DB.
> ARIN doesn't regocnize this space as our LIR's allocation or assignment. How
> do we update the reverse information ? Who will the RIR's trust ?
> The information provided by LIR ? or customer ? or both depending on case ?

I have heard of cases before where reg data disappeared during the
transfer from Internic to ARIN.  Example: AS5757 isn't registered in ARIN
but UUnet has been announcing this AS for the past few years.  The owner
claims he has the actual Internic reg email on some old PDP tape to prove
it but can't get it off.  In the meantime, AS5757 is a hole in ARIN (5756
and 5758 are allocated), but ARIN refuses to register AS5757.

I think now would be the time to find all these "holes" and get it
registered in RIPE properly.

> Kristian Rastas, Sonera LIR (Finland)

Hank Nussbacher

  • Re: ERX TF - Process