Re: DDoS tracking WG

  • To: Clemens Zauner < >
  • From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist < >
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 11:24:05 +0100
  • Cc:

Why not using the euronog working groups for general work and the
outcome of this discussions, ideas, tools can be presented at the
ripe meetings.
If euronog turns out become a living group this would be for sure
an interesting approach. As others (CENTR, for instance) start
to meet in conjunction with RIPE, too.
Why not simply use the existing EOF meeting instead? Do we really need more meetings?

I also would like to have the ripe meetings together at least 2
times a year with the planned euronog meetings.
I don�t know who is in charge of planning the euronog-meetings,
but this person should in fact discuss this with meeting@localhost.
As euronog, even if it will become a success, will for sure start
as a rather small group, it would make sense to use unneeded room-capacity
from the ripe-meetings; especially not letting the meeting concurrent
to for instance EOF ... (for instance at 44, the St.J. I was emty at Wed
and Thu).

Planning RIPE meetings so that interesting WGs doesn't collide is a huge task at is (at least that is how it appears). Don't make it harder.

- kurtis -