RE : data point - anonymous E.164 number usage

  • To:
  • From:
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:38:40 +0100
  • Cc:

Dear All,

I think we should make a difference here. In my opinion, the interest of
validation in ENUM is not to know WHO is owner of an E.164 number or WHO has
the right to use an ENUM domain name. The role of ENUM validation is
primarily the ensure that only the one who has the right to use an E.164
number can use the associated ENUM domain name. Nothing more.

The integrity of the link between an E.164 number and its associated ENUM
domain name is the central point and preserving it does not require the
identification or authentication of the user.

In my opinion, it is sligthly different from the authentication process in
the mobile prepaid world...

Am I wrong...?

Best,

Olivier