ETSI - ENUM Plugtest event - October 2004 (fwd)

  • From: Carsten Schiefner < >
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:53:46 +0100 (CET)

Dear all,

great news from Sophia-Antipolis - congrats to all participants!

Kind regards,

	Carsten Schiefner

--- begin forwarded message from Michael Haberler ---
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:34:34 +0100
From: Michael Haberler mah@localhost
Subject: ETSI - ENUM Plugtest event - October 2004

This week ETSI hosted a "ENUM Plugtest" event in Sophia Antipolis on 24 &
25. (http://www.etsi.org/plugtests/History/history.htm).

There was very high level of attendance and interest, and the contributions
where mostly excellent. Because of its usefulness it was decided to repeat
such an event in early October, summing up the progress of the industry and
regulatory aspects so far. While it was designed to give a snapshot of the
efforts in the field, it is intended to eveolve to address interoperability
issues, and for instance the question of trusted caller ID. So this might
be the place where not just ENUM interop happens, but substantially more
that that. The field is young and can very much benefit from contributions
from Internet-aware service providers.

[...] (and when I stepped out for a minute I
got nominated as the chairman of the organisation committe for the next
event, which includes Tony Holmes, Patrick Guillermin, Richard Stastny, and
Adrian Georgescu).

So this is a good opportunity to link up with other folks in the field, and
also regulators from many countries were present - particularly interesting
and relevant was the very diverse approach to policy making and regulatory
involvment in the field.

This is essentially an early warning, I will keep you posted about details,
agenda, and possible contributions you could make.

regards

-Michael
--- end forwarded message from Michael Haberler ---