911 on 9-1-1 by Jeff Pulver

  • From: James Seng < >
  • Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 11:03:48 +0800

http://192.246.69.231/jeff/personal/archives/000149.html

Extracts:

Last week in Washington, DC pulver.com attended a friendly meeting with our new friends from NENA (National Emergency Number Association). NENA is also trying to cope with the issues facing VoIP for 911. At the meeting we discussed the use of a "trunking gateway" (think BRI) to enable 911 calls to come to the 911 network from the Internet.

What is of critical value is that this would enable call back for the PSAPs (Public Safety Answering Points) using ENUM.

Those interested in this activity should contact Rick Jones at NENA. Rick's email is: Rockford9@localhost. The technical "working group" is meeting in Las Vegas, NV November October 8th - 10th.