Re: RIPE45 / Ideas concerning the validation problem

  • To: Otmar Lendl < >
  • From: Jim Reid < >
  • Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 08:40:41 -0700

    Otmar> Is there any interest in setting up a BoF session on ENUM
    Otmar> during RIPE45?

Yes! I think this would be a good idea. How about on Thursday, either
when the plenary starts or at the end of that session in the early
evening? If we can avoid Wednesday, I'd appreciate it as I have to do
an ENUM presentation in Madrid that day.

    Otmar> The Austrian ENUM-trial working-group on the validation
    Otmar> issue came up with a (IMHO) nifty idea on how to completely
    Otmar> automate both the initial and the recurring validation.

    Otmar> Who would like to participate in such a discussion?

Oh yeah! The UK trial is still grappling with a comprehensive
solution to the authentication problem. We think we know how to solve
it, and are now figuring out how it could be achieved. I'd be VERY
interested in hearing about your solution.