RE: ENUM trials in general

  • To: "Conroy, Lawrence (SMTP)" < >
  • From: Michael Haberler < >
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 14:56:16 +0100

At 13:08 25.02.2003 +0000, Conroy, Lawrence (SMTP) wrote:

Something like:
http://<countryDirSiteName>/search.cgi?number=xxxxxxxxxxx

------

So....why do we need SRV records?
Not at all, if there is some other equivalent convention and tagging mechanism in the ENUM tree to locate whois and whitepages directories and the fact that it is present or absent. I understand that the central directory has problems, for RIPE and beyond.

What the idea was about is that the list of "countryDirSiteName"s gets collated automatically (or looked up in a standard way) instead of being distributed on this list - my assumption was that automation is preferrable to abusing Carsten for tracking sitenames :-) Once you have the sitenames, your proposed format comes handy.

-Michael