Re: ENUM trials in general

  • To: Richard Shockey < >
    Marco Bernardi < >
  • From: Carsten Schiefner < >
  • Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 14:08:25 +0100

Richard, Marco -

Richard Shockey wrote:
At 09:24 AM 1/12/2003 +0000, Marco Bernardi wrote:
I think running such a directory  implies some responsibilities. We don't
want any misuse/abuse.  All this must be done in responsible way and by a
responsible organization. It seems to me that  it can be the perfect job
>> for Ripe (Carsten -  sorry for putting  you on the spot...)

I have to agree RIPE would be perfect as the administrator of the root .... but I also think this is very very simple and not too much real work

the only data collected would be

User Name
email address
e164 number

that can periodically generate a text file test participants can use
could you help me specifying this a little bit more in detail? Before answering 'yes' or 'no', we first have to know what an effort this is likely to be:

- on a per-country basis
- data as outlined above, CSV format:
"Carsten Schiefner,carsten@localhost,4.4.4.4.5.3.5.0.2.1.3.e164.arpa"
- registries provide data via a common interface
- RIPE NCC collects data once per day
- RIPE NCC reformats data to a nice web page, including the derived
E.164 number
- period 24 months from the start time

Best,

-C.