Re: Services Operations WG

  • To:
  • From: (Ran Atkinson)
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 94 09:25:52 EST
  • Cc:

Bernhard,

  There are already known cases of campus/corporate network
operations folks with real operational input and wisdom that
are in fact being turned away by the IEPG.  For example, several
corporate networks are actually large enough that they should
have been included in BGP-4 discussions.

  If the IEPG are not COMPLETELY open, then they simply are incapable
of handling the pressing need for a forum for the network operations
folks at the campus/corporate level to meet.

  I confess that I am astonished by the amount of power politics
that the IEPG appears to be involved in.

Ran
atkinson@localhost