[Dnsmon-test] NIC MX new IPv6 address

Robert Kisteleki robert at ripe.net
Tue Sep 2 10:11:40 CEST 2014

Hello,

Please note: as explained about two weeks ago, this mailing list is going
away very soon now; the RIPE DNS working group mailing list is preferred for
feature requests and such.

In the meantime:

On 2014.09.01. 20:02, Mauricio Miguel Cardenas Domiguez wrote:
> Hello RIPE,
>
> We have added an IPv6 address to our m.mx-ns.mx server, what is the procedure for adding this address to DNSMON (https://atlas.ripe.net/dnsmon/group/mx.)?
>
> $ dig +short m.mx-ns.mx  AAAA
> 2001:13c7:7000::1

We have a mechanism to automatically detect such changes, and follow up with
them. In particular:
* we check for changes once a week
* after a sanity check, we add or remove servers to/from the monitored list

The expected reaction time is therefore 1-2 weeks.

We'll amend the public documentation with this information.

Regards,
Robert